Budweiser Gardens is managed by Global Spectrum Facility Management, a subsidiary of Comcast Spectacor, and is leader in sports/entertainment and facility management. Global Spectrum Facility Management is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience and desire to contribute to the continued success of our organization. Comcast-Spectacor is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State/Provincial laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Looking for a job?
BUDWEISER GARDENS GROUP SALES DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – Fall 2014 – Spring 2015
If your ultimate goal is a career in the sports and entertainment industry, the Budweiser Gardens Internship Program is an excellent first step.
Our mission is to recruit and develop the finest individuals into the sports and entertainment industry. This premier internship program will offer you the ability to demonstrate your commitment to integrity, character and service which are qualities that are an integral part of success in the sports and entrainment industry.
A variety of academic majors fit the criteria being performed including, but not limited to: Marketing, Sports Management, Business Management, Communications and more.
Job Title: Group Sales Intern – Course Credit & Paid Internship Options
Duration: September 2014 – April 2015
Reports to: Sr. Director of Group Sales and Group Sales Coordinator
Hourly rate: $11.00/hour
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the promotion and implementation of all family shows and sporting events to Group Sales customers
- Research target markets using department CRM system, creative promotional materials and event promotions – this could include online, inbound or outbound telephone calls
- Assist with creation and execution of sales plans and grass roots efforts for selected shows
- Experience the handling of group sales customer seat selection and processing of orders in the ticketing system
- Become familiar with venue shows and events
- Participation in departmental creativity and brainstorming sessions
- Event day assistance with Group Sales Programs including dinner packages, pre-parties, meet and greet opportunities, and pre game events for selected concerts, family shows and National Basketball League of Canada London Lightning basketball
- Experience other departments through job shadowing – Event Managers, Marketing, Customer Service, Box Office
- Opportunity to attend building and department meetings, companywide conference calls, brainstorming and idea sharing sessions
- Time commitment of between 12 - 16 hours per week required. Evenings and weekends required.
The individual must possess solid verbal and written communication skills, a conscientious work effort, ability to be a team player and the desire to learn and work in a fast paced environment. Hours will vary. Travel and housing arrangements are the responsibility of the students.
If you are interested in this hands-on learning experience in the sports and entertainment industry, please send a resume to:
Attn: Claudia Chen
Group Sales Department