Budweiser Gardens is managed by Spectra Venue Management, a subsidiary of Comcast Spectacor, and is a leader in sports/entertainment and facility management. Spectra Venue Management is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience and desire to contribute to the continued success of our organization.
Comcast-Spectacor is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State/Provincial laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Looking for a job?
Changeover Crew / Labourer
TITLE: Changeover Crew / Labourer
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager/ Operations Supervisor
ENTITY: Spectra Venue Management
JOB TYPE: Part-time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on events, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to follow basic instruction and direction
- Ability to perform general labour; heavy lifting is required
- Capable of lifting 60 to 80 lbs
- Safety boot/ Shoes required
- Long Pants required
- Perform general labour as assigned
- Primary duties include building conversion for various events
- Setup and breakdown of chairs, tables, basketball floor, ice rink, stages, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all Spectra policies and procedures
- Comply with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.
While performing the essential functions of the job, constantly moves about the facility and event site before, during and after events to primary duties, general labour and duties assigned by Manager/ Supervisors.
The essential functions of this position are usually performed indoors but occasionally outdoor work is required. The noise level in the work environment can range from minimal to loud during events depending on the employee’s location and is minimal during non-event times. PPE for noise protection is provided.
Group Sales Intern
Job Title: Group Sales Intern
Duration: September 2019 to April 2020
Reports to: Group Sales Manager and Director of Marketing and Group Sales
Hourly rate: $14 per hour
If your ultimate goal is a career in the sports and entertainment industry, the Budweiser Gardens Group Sales Internship is an excellent first step.
Our mission is to recruit and develop the finest individuals into the sports and entertainment industry. This premier internship program will offer you the ability to demonstrate your commitment to integrity, strong work ethic, creativity and resourcefulness which are all qualities that are an integral part of success in the sports and entertainment industry.
A variety of academic majors fit the criteria being performed including, but not limited to: Business Management, Business Marketing, Sports Management, Public Relations & Communications and more.
This internship provides individuals with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in group sales event planning and execution. Emphasis is placed on the execution of sales plans for selected family shows and sporting events as well as assisting with event day group sales operations. The combination of office and event day experience provides individuals with the chance to develop an array of skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with the promotion and implementation of all family shows and sporting events that offer Group Sales including in office and event day responsibilities
• Research target markets using department CRM system that will include online, inbound and outbound telephone calls
• Conduct extensive outbound sales efforts to targeted demographics for a variety of events
• Assist with the processing of Group Sales orders in the ticketing system
• Assist in the creation of promotional materials utilizing Photoshop
• Become familiar with venue shows and events
• Event day assistance with Group Sales Programs including dinner packages, pre-parties, meet and greet opportunities and fan experiences for selected concerts and family shows
• Experience other departments through job shadowing – Event Managers, Marketing, Customer Service, Box Office
• Opportunity to attend building and department meetings, companywide conference calls, brainstorming and idea-sharing sessions
• Time commitment of between 10-16 hours per week. A combination of daytime, evenings and weekends are required. Position requires resourcefulness, creativity, time management and the ability to multi-task multiple projects to deadline.
The individual must be outgoing and personable and possess solid verbal and written communication skills, a conscientious work effort, the ability to be a team player and the desire to learn and work in a very fast-paced environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop). Travel and housing arrangements are the responsibility of the students.
If you are interested in this tremendous hands-on learning experience in the sports and entertainment industry, please send a resume to:
Deadline to apply: Friday, September 13th 2019