Budweiser Gardens is managed by Spectra Venue Management, a subsidiary of Comcast Spectacor, and is a leader in sports/entertainment and facility management. Spectra Venue Management is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience and desire to contribute to the continued success of our organization.
Comcast-Spectacor is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State/Provincial laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Looking for a job?
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
TIME: Full Time, Salaried
The Event Manager will manage all aspects of events from the pre-event planning stages through the end of the event to ensure overall client and guest satisfaction.
- Assist internal and external clients with event logistics and suggest the most effective ways to use the facility for specific types of functions all while following guidelines of union contracts
- Develop and control event budgets including preparing pre-show event estimates. Work with the Director of Finance to settle events.
- Coordinate event seating layouts using AutoCAD software
- Coordinate any rental gear/equipment necessary for events
- Distribute event datasheets and communicate all event information to the appropriate departments in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Event Services & Security Managers to create staffing and security plans
- Act as facility manager on duty as required
- Conduct full building checks prior to and during events
- Assist with ice rental logistics and London Knights practice ice coordination
- Assist and direct changeover crew with breakdown and set up details for events
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all tenant teams, employees, municipal officials, and service contractors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of previous event management experience in a sports/entertainment environment
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of operational characteristics/production elements of events including; crowd management, fire and public safety, provincial regulations, food services practices, and audio/video/lighting equipment
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Desire to advance career and move to other buildings/cities within Spectra Venue Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college/university
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast paced high pressure environment
- Strong management, motivational and organizational skills
- Exercise discretion and utilize independent decision making during events that best represents Budweiser Gardens and the client
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, climb stairs and occasional lift up to 40 pounds
To apply, please click HERE