Budweiser Gardens Zamboni Experience
Presented by Porky's BBQ, Hearth & Spa
Sorry, the event is now sold out! We are looking to do it again in the future.
Have you always dreamed of driving the Zamboni? Well, this is your chance!
The Budweiser Gardens Zamboni Experience is a crash course in all things Zamboni, which includes an opportunity to take one for a spin on the ice. This 1-hour class is designed for adults (18 years and older) with a valid driver's license to learn all about one of the most popular machines in the world, including how they operate, and how to drive them.
Book one of our Zamboni Experience packages for your chance to drive our Zamboni and learn how the ice is created and maintained for the pros!
$125 Per Person. This Includes:
- ‘Classroom’ session where you will learn the fun facts about the Zamboni, and how we create and maintain the ice at Budweiser Gardens.
- Opportunity to drive the Zamboni on the ice
- A commemorative photo of you on the Zamboni
- A certificate of completion
$100 Per Person when booking a group of 4 or more
(maximum 5 people per time slot)
Time slots are reserved for 1-hour
- All participants must be at least 18 years of age
- All participants must have a valid class G or higher license - full class G - not G1, etc.
- All participants must be able to operate a motorized vehicle. Highway Traffic Act rules and regulations apply.
- No persons under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants will be allowed to participate.
- All participants will be required to respond to a survey recording information for purposes for COVID-19 contact tracing and safety, within 48 hours of participating in the event. Health and safety protocols will be required, including mask-wearing
- No spectators allowed during the Zamboni experience.
- CSA approved helmets must be worn and will be provided if needed. Please bring your own helmets if possible.
Check back here for a link to photos from the Zamboni Experience.
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - CLICK HERE
- Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Thursday, February 18, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Saturday, February 20, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Sunday, February 21, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Thursday, February 25, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Saturday, February 27, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Sunday, February 28, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Tuesday, March 2, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Thursday, March 4, 2021 - CLICK HERE
Saturday, March 6, 2021 - CLICK HERE
"What a blast!! I would highly recommend this amazing experience. An extremely safe and highly informative session ending with driving the Zamboni, pretty epic!"
"I am a London Knights hockey fan and go to all games. Doing the Zamboni Experience makes you a bigger fan and Budweiser Gardens Staff do a great Job. Thank you."
"It gave me an appreciation of what the drivers go through and I wasn't even in front of 9K fans."
"This was an item on the bucket list that I never thought would happen. The technology of the machine was far more advanced than I expected and I had no idea of the amount of organization and technical requirements necessary to make a perfect ice surface. Driving the Zamboni was the cherry on the cake. The whole experience was great!"
"I just lived the Canadian dream!"
"This was a bucket list item from the time I was 16! But who let girls drive Zamboni’s in the ’70s? When I applied to do this and received the phone call, I had tears in my eyes!! The experience exceeded my expectations and I’d recommend it continue as an ongoing opportunity!! Thanks doesn’t seem to say enough but I haven’t stopped talking about it."
"I was a little iffy on going after being in lockdown mode... so happy I did!! Budweiser staff made us all feel super safe and it definitely wasn't the white-knuckle experience I'd fretted about! Thoroughly enjoyed marvelling at the machine and getting a behind-the-scenes look at life on the ice for a Zamboni driver. Overall a very cool experience!"
"Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to drive a Zamboni. Thanks for letting this 58-year-old kid live out a childhood dream."
"This is one experience that my wife can stroke off her bucket list. She was thrilled with this Zamboni Experience."
"Who knew living my dream of driving a Zamboni could also be one of the most educational experiences - I have always been in awe of Zamboni drivers but now I have a whole new respect for the amazing knowledge and skill they possess. Thanks for a wonderful experience!"
"That was a whole lot of fun and very informative!"